Thieves steal into my thoughts
Reaching into my mind to plunder
Not knowing the emotions I feel,
Not caring or understanding the harm they do.
Things better left unsaid
Are tossed around like treasure,
Nuggets of truth and wisdom.
Do they not understand that it
Is merely fool's gold that they admire?
The true wisdom is left ignored
As they tear my thoughts apart.
They trespass in my brain,
Not knowing the way to the inner vault
Where all my wisdom and truth lies.
They think I am a sage
That every word I speak is wisdom.
Do they not know that I am a mere mortal?
I know no more wisdom than they do.
I am tired and my bones ache
With the burden of truth.
I did not ask to be the bearer of light,
In truth, I have fought against it.
Let the seek elsewhere
For my truth has run out.
The sage chooses to leave this empty temple.
No comments:
Post a Comment