***Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Merlin characters, I'm just borrowing them.
This story is for entertainment purposes only.***
Aurora knocked on Grace's door and waited for her sister to answer. As she
waited, Aurora thought about her two sisters. Their future happiness meant the
world to her. She was scared that they would let their loyalty to their father lead
them into marriage with the wrong men. Aurora didn't need Grace's magic to see
how her sisters felt about Leon,Percival and Merlin. Grace would never be happy
with Percival or Leon. A bit of her would die as she would have to hide an very
important part of who she was. Aurora couldn't be sure, but she thought Merlin
was a perfect match for Grace. If he didn't have magic, he at least didn't find
it evil or abhorrent. She would have to ask her grandfather to be sure. He could
always sense if someone had magic or not. As for Charlotte, she was clearly
attracted to Percival but wouldn't let herself admit it. Thinking Grace liked the
brawny knight, she would step aside and allow Leon to court her. That was
a disaster waiting to happen. Leon would never be able to control her feisty
sister. Percival was a much better match. Now if only she could get her sisters
to come to the same conclusion without them thinking she was meddling.
"Come in," Grace said gloomily. Aurora came through the door to find
both of her sisters sitting cross-legged on Grace's bed. This might be easier
than she had thought. From the solemn looks on their faces, Aurora sensed
that they had been talking about the knights. It shouldn't be too hard to
steer the conversation to how they felt and which man they liked. If they
were honest with her, that is. Luckily each had a tell that let Aurora know
when they were lying. Charlotte would twist her long hair around her finger
while Grace tended to tilt her head to the side and stare at the ground. Well,
time to find out if her hunches were right.
"So did either of you meet the love of your life today?" Aurora questioned
as she flopped on the bed. "Percival and Leon both seem like nice guys. But
if I wasn't already in love with Gwaine, I would go after Merlin. I always
have liked the tall, dark and handsome type. He just has an extra something
about him. I can't quite put my finger on it, but his eyes just draw you in."
"Tell me about it," Grace replied dreamily. "His eyes are amazing. And
his laugh is the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. But I didn't notice him
that much. He is just a servant. Now Percival seems very nice. Tall, nice
looking, strong and manly." Grace tilted her head to the side and stared at
her bed covers. "Leon is nice but there is no spark. But Charlotte got
along nicely with him. Maybe there's a love match between them."
"Leon is very nice," Charlotte replied softly. "He is brave and sweet.
He is very loyal to Arthur and would be a wonderful husband. I think
that Percival and Grace make a lovely couple." She twisted her hair
around her finger thoughtfully. "I'm sure I would be very happy with
Leon. And Grace will be happy with Percival. And Father will be happy
that we are all happy."
"You both know that I know you are lying," Aurora replied. "Leon is
a very nice man but he will never make you happy, Charlotte. He's just
too normal and boring. I saw you glancing at Percival the whole time
you were talking to Leon. And he kept looking your way while he talked
to Grace. Grace, the look you and Merlin exchanged could have melted
every candle in the room. Why are the two of you hiding your feelings?
Do you want to be miserable for the rest of your lives?"
"Now just wait a minute," Charlotte said as she jumped to her feet.
"What gives you the right to tell us how we feel? We had everything
sorted out between us before you barged in here. I am going to marry
Leon and Grace will marry Percival. And we will all be very happy."
"I am your sister and I care about your happiness," Aurora retorted. "You
really think you'll be happy? The two of you just look overjoyed at what you
have decided. Grace looks like she about to throw up and you look like you're
about to cry. You look so happy."
"We are happy!" Charlotte screamed. "Grace is a better match for Percival.
I'm too short for him. So what if he's everything I've wanted in a man? He'll
soon get tired of having to bend down to talk to me. And how would it work
in the bedroom? He'll crush me. I'm better off with Leon."
"And I could never be with Merlin," Grace added quietly. He's a servant
and I am a princess. Father would never allow it. Percival is my best bet. But
if Charlotte likes him then I'll marry Leon."
"Well that's good for Charlotte," Aurora replied. "But what about you?
You deserve to be happy too. And Father won't care if Merlin is a servant
if you truly love him. He wants us all to be happy. Titles and land don't mean
that much to him. Our happiness is important to him. If we marry just to please
him, he won't be happy. Besides, the three of us combined can get him to agree
to anything. If you want Merlin, just say so."
"Are you sure?" Grace asked. "You know Father is when he gets angry. Heads
will roll and all. Merlin is so handsome and I think he may have magic. Of course
he has to hide it from Arthur. Wouldn't it be lovely if he did? I could share that
with him. I'd have to hide my magic from Leon or Percival. That would be simply
dreadful. I don't want to have to hide anything from my husband."
"If you want Merlin and he wants you, we shall make it so," Aurora said with
a chuckle. "Now Charlotte, Percival seems like a good bloke. He strikes me as
a gentle giant. If he likes you as much as you like him, there is nothing he won't
do for you. You could get him to walk on his knees for you. At least in private.
And I have a book that would help you in the bedroom. There are a lot of
things you can do together without getting crushed. Aunt Anna sent it to me
several years ago. Very interesting little book."
"If you say so," Charlotte replied. "But how do we make all of this happen?
We don't even know if Merlin and Percival feel the same way. We could be
planning all of this for nothing. Wait. You have Gwaine questioning them, don't
you? Aurora! How could you?"
"I want my sisters to as happy as I am," Aurora answered. "I can't question
them so I sent Gwaine. Don't worry, he will get answers. Now I need to go talk
to Grandfather. He can find out if Merlin has magic or not. I'll see you two at
dinner. Don't be late and be sure to look your best."
Aurora darted from the room to find her grandfather. Grace and Charlotte
began to get ready for dinner. Dresses were chosen and re chosen. Hairstyles
and jewels were examined and debated upon. Time flew in a rush. All the
while the two sisters chattered happily, confident their sister knew what she
was doing. They would follow where she led them.
waited, Aurora thought about her two sisters. Their future happiness meant the
world to her. She was scared that they would let their loyalty to their father lead
them into marriage with the wrong men. Aurora didn't need Grace's magic to see
how her sisters felt about Leon,Percival and Merlin. Grace would never be happy
with Percival or Leon. A bit of her would die as she would have to hide an very
important part of who she was. Aurora couldn't be sure, but she thought Merlin
was a perfect match for Grace. If he didn't have magic, he at least didn't find
it evil or abhorrent. She would have to ask her grandfather to be sure. He could
always sense if someone had magic or not. As for Charlotte, she was clearly
attracted to Percival but wouldn't let herself admit it. Thinking Grace liked the
brawny knight, she would step aside and allow Leon to court her. That was
a disaster waiting to happen. Leon would never be able to control her feisty
sister. Percival was a much better match. Now if only she could get her sisters
to come to the same conclusion without them thinking she was meddling.
"Come in," Grace said gloomily. Aurora came through the door to find
both of her sisters sitting cross-legged on Grace's bed. This might be easier
than she had thought. From the solemn looks on their faces, Aurora sensed
that they had been talking about the knights. It shouldn't be too hard to
steer the conversation to how they felt and which man they liked. If they
were honest with her, that is. Luckily each had a tell that let Aurora know
when they were lying. Charlotte would twist her long hair around her finger
while Grace tended to tilt her head to the side and stare at the ground. Well,
time to find out if her hunches were right.
"So did either of you meet the love of your life today?" Aurora questioned
as she flopped on the bed. "Percival and Leon both seem like nice guys. But
if I wasn't already in love with Gwaine, I would go after Merlin. I always
have liked the tall, dark and handsome type. He just has an extra something
about him. I can't quite put my finger on it, but his eyes just draw you in."
"Tell me about it," Grace replied dreamily. "His eyes are amazing. And
his laugh is the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. But I didn't notice him
that much. He is just a servant. Now Percival seems very nice. Tall, nice
looking, strong and manly." Grace tilted her head to the side and stared at
her bed covers. "Leon is nice but there is no spark. But Charlotte got
along nicely with him. Maybe there's a love match between them."
"Leon is very nice," Charlotte replied softly. "He is brave and sweet.
He is very loyal to Arthur and would be a wonderful husband. I think
that Percival and Grace make a lovely couple." She twisted her hair
around her finger thoughtfully. "I'm sure I would be very happy with
Leon. And Grace will be happy with Percival. And Father will be happy
that we are all happy."
"You both know that I know you are lying," Aurora replied. "Leon is
a very nice man but he will never make you happy, Charlotte. He's just
too normal and boring. I saw you glancing at Percival the whole time
you were talking to Leon. And he kept looking your way while he talked
to Grace. Grace, the look you and Merlin exchanged could have melted
every candle in the room. Why are the two of you hiding your feelings?
Do you want to be miserable for the rest of your lives?"
"Now just wait a minute," Charlotte said as she jumped to her feet.
"What gives you the right to tell us how we feel? We had everything
sorted out between us before you barged in here. I am going to marry
Leon and Grace will marry Percival. And we will all be very happy."
"I am your sister and I care about your happiness," Aurora retorted. "You
really think you'll be happy? The two of you just look overjoyed at what you
have decided. Grace looks like she about to throw up and you look like you're
about to cry. You look so happy."
"We are happy!" Charlotte screamed. "Grace is a better match for Percival.
I'm too short for him. So what if he's everything I've wanted in a man? He'll
soon get tired of having to bend down to talk to me. And how would it work
in the bedroom? He'll crush me. I'm better off with Leon."
"And I could never be with Merlin," Grace added quietly. He's a servant
and I am a princess. Father would never allow it. Percival is my best bet. But
if Charlotte likes him then I'll marry Leon."
"Well that's good for Charlotte," Aurora replied. "But what about you?
You deserve to be happy too. And Father won't care if Merlin is a servant
if you truly love him. He wants us all to be happy. Titles and land don't mean
that much to him. Our happiness is important to him. If we marry just to please
him, he won't be happy. Besides, the three of us combined can get him to agree
to anything. If you want Merlin, just say so."
"Are you sure?" Grace asked. "You know Father is when he gets angry. Heads
will roll and all. Merlin is so handsome and I think he may have magic. Of course
he has to hide it from Arthur. Wouldn't it be lovely if he did? I could share that
with him. I'd have to hide my magic from Leon or Percival. That would be simply
dreadful. I don't want to have to hide anything from my husband."
"If you want Merlin and he wants you, we shall make it so," Aurora said with
a chuckle. "Now Charlotte, Percival seems like a good bloke. He strikes me as
a gentle giant. If he likes you as much as you like him, there is nothing he won't
do for you. You could get him to walk on his knees for you. At least in private.
And I have a book that would help you in the bedroom. There are a lot of
things you can do together without getting crushed. Aunt Anna sent it to me
several years ago. Very interesting little book."
"If you say so," Charlotte replied. "But how do we make all of this happen?
We don't even know if Merlin and Percival feel the same way. We could be
planning all of this for nothing. Wait. You have Gwaine questioning them, don't
you? Aurora! How could you?"
"I want my sisters to as happy as I am," Aurora answered. "I can't question
them so I sent Gwaine. Don't worry, he will get answers. Now I need to go talk
to Grandfather. He can find out if Merlin has magic or not. I'll see you two at
dinner. Don't be late and be sure to look your best."
Aurora darted from the room to find her grandfather. Grace and Charlotte
began to get ready for dinner. Dresses were chosen and re chosen. Hairstyles
and jewels were examined and debated upon. Time flew in a rush. All the
while the two sisters chattered happily, confident their sister knew what she
was doing. They would follow where she led them.
No comments:
Post a Comment