Sunday, March 25, 2012

To my Friend Bee For Her Birthday

I tried finding a card for my friend Bee for her Birthday. None of the cards I found
came close to saying all I wanted her to know. So this for Bee, one of the most
wonderful people I know.

Recently I opened a Twitter account. I was luck enough to find of the best group
of people you could ever hope to meet. I am proud to call myself a Merlinian. We
are fans of the BBC show Merlin and if you haven't seen it, you need to. It is one
of the best shows on TV. The fans of this show are some the funniest and most
caring people you will ever meet. They are one big family, the Merlin Family.

Bee is one of the first people I met when I joined the Merlin Family. She is caring,
funny, talented and just a lovely person. I am proud to call her my friend. I couldn't
know when I met her how much she would change my life. But she has changed
my life for the better just by being the wonderful person she is.

I credit Bee with being one of the people that helped start writing again. I used to
write all the time until life stole that joy from me. She helped ease me back into
writing. Bee was one of the first people to read this blog and encouraged me to
keep writing. She is an amazing writer herself. If I can be half the writer she is,
I will be happy. She also wouldn't let me chicken out of writing a story for one
of our favorite knight. Without Bee, Kidnapping Gwaine would never have seen
the light of day. So Eoin Macken, you have Bee to thank for that birthday gift.

She also never lets me give up on myself. Whenever I feel low or life starts to
get to me, I turn to Bee. She can always make me laugh. She also just lets me
vent and that's what a great friend will do. When I get knocked down, she
picks me up and pushes me back into the fray. She never lets me doubt
that I can handle whatever life throws at me. Bee is one of those rare people
that understands me. I can tell her something and not have to explain why I
feel the way I do. She just knows. A friend like that is worth more than gold.

Bee may not have the easiest life. In fact, sometimes I don't know how she
stands it. Even though life may knock her down, she gets back up and says,
"Is that all you got?" Nothing gets her down for long. Her humor is one of
the things I treasure most about her. She is is our "little bear", a true fighter.
Bee knows life is hard but she is not afraid to live. Her optimism is something
to behold.

If I had one wish, I wish all the goodness she sends out into the world would
come back to her a hundred fold. Then she could see what a difference she
makes to all of us. I hope this year brings her joy and peace. I hope she never
has to struggle for anything. I hope her book becomes a bestseller. I wish her
nothing but good things.

What I'm trying to say, dear Bee, is I am honored to know you. You are
a very special person to me. I can't quite put it into words, but I hope this
isn't too sappy. You make my life better by just being in the world. I hope
this year is wonderful. I don't see this as you getting a year older. I see this
as another year of being blessed by knowing you. Have a great birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Tammy, my wonderful wonderful wonderful Tammy, thank you so much! I love it! *hugs* You have no idea how special i feel right now, thank you! <3 Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second every bit of that. Bee is AWESOME!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete