***Disclaimer: I do not own Merlin or any of the Merlin characters. I am just
borrowing them. This story is for entertainment purposes only.***
Gwaine paused outside of Percival's room and took a deep breath. One
down, two to go. He had to hurry. The feast was starting soon and he still had
to find Merlin after talking with Percival. Then he would have to get changed.
He had too much to do and not enough time to do it all. He didn't know if he
would have time to talk to Merlin or not. He raised his hand to knock on the
door. Suddenly a hand grabbed his shoulder and he whirled around to see
Aurora's grandfather standing there.
"Easy Gwaine," Samuel said. "It is just me. Aurora sent me to tell you that I
have talked to Merlin. It is as she thought. Merlin and Grace like each other.
Charlotte likes Percival. Have you talked to Leon and Percival?"
"I just came from talking to Leon," Gwaine replied. "While he finds both
of the princesses charming, his heart already belongs to another. He will help
us however he can. I'm going to talk to Percival now. At least I don't have to
talk to Merlin. Anything else I need to know?"
"Just find Aurora when you are done," Samuel answered. "She wants to
know what you found out. And hurry, you don't have much time."
Samuel turned and hurried back down the hall. Gwaine shook his head
and turned to knock on the door. At Percival's muttered "Come in", he opened
the door and entered the room. Percival sat in a chair, looking out the window.
He was dressed for the feast and that reminded Gwaine of how little time he
had. He had to make this quick. He had a feeling this wouldn't be easy.
"So already dressed for the banquet," Gwaine observed. "Got your eye on
one of the princesses? Ready to charm her and sweep her off her feet? Which
one has caught your attention? Maybe I can nudge her in your direction."
"They are both very lovely," Percival said. "Charlotte appeared to be
charmed by Leon. I'm sure they will be very happy together. Maybe I can
win Grace's heart but she seemed to be more interested in Merlin. I doubt
her father would let her marry him though. And I know Arthur won't."
"Why would Arthur abject to Grace marrying Merlin?" Gwaine asked. "He's
marry Gwen and she's a servant. If anything he should understand and want to
help them. And if Merlin makes Grace happy I'm sure she can convince her
father to let them marry. Or Aurora will convince him."
"If it was anybody but Merlin, you would be right," Percival said. "But this
is Merlin we are talking about. Arthur is not going to let him go so easily. He is
very attached to Merlin. I mean, I like Merlin but he is not the best servant in
Camelot. Arthur could have replaced a million times but he hasn't. He likes
having Merlin around. Even if Merlin brings Grace back to Camelot with him,
he can't be Arthur's servant anymore. He'll be a prince. Princes do not serve
as servant to other princes. It is just not done. Arthur will not let that happen."
"You have a point,"Gwaine said thoughtfully. "Maybe Arthur could make
Merlin his advisor. Or maybe a knight. No, not a knight. Merlin would kill
himself with his own sword within a week. We'll figure something out. But
back to you. I thought Charlotte looked like she was more interested in you
than she was in Leon. He must have bored her because she kept looking in
your direction. She didn't look to happy that you were having fun with Grace.
And it seemed like you kept looking at her."
"But Leon is a great guy," Percival replied in a shocked voice. "How could
she not be charmed by him? He must have been having an off day. Leon can
get any girl he wants. Unless, he doesn't want either one of the princesses. It
must be Beth. He has been spending a lot of time with her lately. That old dog!
Very clever. But I don't see how he can't like Charlotte. She is sweet and
beautiful. Any man would be luck to have her."
"Then why don't you try to woo her?" Gwaine asked. "If you like her why
don't you try to win her heart? I know for a fact she likes you. And Leon's
heart belongs to Beth but don't tell anyone. He wants it to stay a secret."
"It isn't that big of a secret," Percival laughed. "Most of Camelot knows.
But I won't say anything. Knight's honor, I promise. And how do you know
Charlotte likes me? Has she said something to you. Wait, I know. Aurora.
Is there nothing she doesn't know? That woman is amazing. We could use
her as a spy. She doesn't miss anything."
"Well, her sisters are important to her," Gwaine replied. "There isn't
anything she won't do for them. Now do you like Charlotte or not?"
"I do like her," Percival admitted. "But I'm so much taller than her. I'm
scared I might hurt her. She is just so dainty and perfect. I fear I will
crush her. And then Aurora would kill me."
"That is the craziest thing I've ever heard," laughed Gwaine. "The children
of Camelot all adore you. You are their favorite knight. They climb all over
you and bug you constantly. But I have never seen you treat one of them
harshly or hurt them. If you can interact with those wild creatures without
harming them, sure you won't hurt Charlotte."
"But the feelings I have for Charlotte are different," Percival replied. "The
things I want to do with her are not the things you do with children. She makes
my pulse race and my heart beat faster. One kiss from her would be pure
heaven. I want grab her and ride far away from here. I want to pull her into
my room and never come out. I've never felt like this. Just the thought of
her drives me crazy. I love everything about her. The way she smells like fresh
cut grass and sunshine. The way her laughter sounds like bells chiming. Just
everything about her makes me want to make her mine."
"Yep, you've fallen hard," Gwaine replied. "Like I said, she likes you also.
I think it would be a shame for you not to see if she could be the one. She's
willing to try if you are. Believe me, you don't want to wind up wondering what
if. It will drive you crazy."
"Alright," Percival said. "But if this ends badly, I'm blaming you. You better
hurry. The banquet starts in an hour and you are not dressed for it. You don't
want to anger Aurora. She might cut off your head."
Gwaine left and hurried from the room. Closing the door behind him, he
almost ran over Aurora. Quickly, he told what he had found out. She clapped
her hand together in joy and sent Gwaine to his rooms to prepare for the feast.
She quickly vanished down the hallway. Gwaine shook his head in wonder.
Aurora may look lovely and sweet but she had the iron will of a commander.
The feast should be very interesting indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment