Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friends

We all need at least one person, besides our spouse and family, that we can share life with.
Now family is great, they are usually always there for you but they have to love you because
they are family. I love my family and I enjoy hanging out with them but not all the time. And,
truthfully, I'm sure they get sick of me. There are things I like that they just don't understand.
And that's fine with me. Some of the things they like I could care less about. Nothing wrong
with that. We are all made to be different and unique. That make life more interesting.

What about the person you love? It's good if you like a lot of the same things. A plus to the
relationship. But the chances are that you won't like all of the same things. If you do, you
have just married a clone of yourself and hopefully you will be very happy together. I have
found the best relationships are when two people compliment each other. Your strenghts
and weaknesses balance their strenghts and weaknesses. Once again, very unlikely that
you will like all of the same things. And if you like all the same things, you'll spend all of
your time together. Not a good thing. I love my other half but I don't want to be around
him every minute of the day. I need to get away from him sometimes and he enjoys the
peace and quiet when I am gone. Sometimes, he needs to get away from me. Not a
problem. I understand completely.

So who do you turn to when you need someone to share things with? When you want
to see a movie that nobody in your family wants to see? Or when you want to go hear
a band that your other half  can't stand? You guessed it, your friends. These are the
people that don't share your blood or your house but they love you anyway. They have
seen you at your worst and best. They are the ones you spend hours on the phone
with. Or they are the ones you haven't seen for awhile but you pick up your last talk
like you saw each other yesterday. Your friends build you up and also keep you humble.
You know their secrets and they know yours. They bail you out of jail at three in the
morning after you drank a bit too much and called the policeman some names you
shouldn't have. They are there for births and deaths. You know each others fondest
hopes and darkest fears. They are part of your life and they help make life better by
sharing it with you. Life without friends is bleak. I hope you all have someone like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment